If you are a 3rd year undergraduate student doing a laboratory based project, you may rent project a locker (subject to availability). Please note that these lockers are not the corridor lockers.
The project lockers are located in laboratories HB2.07 and HB2.08, which are based on the second floor of the Hawthorn building.
Please see below for the Terms and Conditions of rental.
Terms and conditions of rental
- The rental charge for a laboratory project locker is £10.00 which will be refunded online once the key has been returned. The project locker must be cleaned and emptied, with all equipment returned to the correct laboratory (HB2.07 and HB2.07).
- The £10.00 charge will be refunded on the return of the key up until the end of May. After this date your deposit will be forfeited.
- A replacement charge of £10.00 is required if the key is lost.
- No personal belongings or chemicals are permitted in the lockers.
- Each project student must have their own locker.
- Lockers will be spot checked on a monthly basis.
- If lockers are being shared, used for inappropriate items or are unclean, the locker use will be revoked, the key recalled and the rental charge forfeited.
- Key holders are responsible for ensuring lockers are left in a clean condition after use and all equipment is returned to the correct location at the end of each day.
- The lockers are the property of DMU and therefore locker keys must be returned.
If your project is in HB2.07, please collect your locker key from the Pharmaceutical Chemistry enquiries hatch (HB2.06).
If your project is based in the Analytical Laboratory (HB2.08), please collect your key from the technicians in that area.
Contact telephone numbers
Pharmaceutical Chemistry: 0116 257 7113
Analytical Laboratory: 0116 207 8110