The HLS Placement Team can issue parking permits for student nurses and midwifes who would like to park at the Leicester General and Glenfield Hospitals during their placement.
The Leicester Royal Infirmary do not offer student parking permits. Car travel and parking information for the Leicester Royal Infirmary can be found here - http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/patients/getting-to-hospital/leicester-royal-infirmary/car-travel-and-parking/
You can apply for a parking permit at the hospitals mentioned above via our online store - http://store.dmu.ac.uk/product-catalogue/faculty-of-health-life-sciences/uhl-parking-permit
- Please read the guidance below before applying for a pass.
- You will need to apply for your permit at least 4 working days before you collect it as we need time to process your request.
- You can collect your permit from the HLS Placement Team, Edith Murphy House, Room 1.23. We are open 8.30am - 4.00pm, Monday-Friday. We cannot issue your permit without seeing your student ID.
- Permits cost £5 per calendar month and the maximum amount of time that you can apply for a permit is 4 months. If you only use your pass for one day in a calendar month it still costs £5 i.e. if you purchase a pass from 30th January to 2nd February the total cost of your permit will be £10 (two calendar months). These prices are set by the hospitals and cannot be changed.
- Before purchasing your pass, please contact the parking office at the hospital to check which car park you need to use. Your placement setting may also be able to offer you advice on this.
- You have 5 working days to return your permit after your end date has passed. Failure to return your permit within this timeframe will result in a £10.00 fine and you will also be expected to pay for each calendar month that your permit is overdue (working to the date of return to the HLS Placement Team).
- We will not issue permits to students that have outstanding fines. You can pay a fine via the online store.
- If you lose a permit you must pay a £10.00 fine before a new pass is issued.
- The permits are not transferrable to other cars. Your car registration details will be logged and you risk being issued a fine if you transfer your pass over to another vehicle. Please let us know if your details change at any point so we can update our records.
- Please ensure that your pass is clearly displayed in your windscreen. Failure to display a pass will result in a fine.
- Please adhere to all of the hospitals terms and conditions for using the car parks. We will not reimburse fines which have been issued due to you not following these correctly.